- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): http://www.ready.gov/
Provides information on how to plan ahead for emergencies, prepare a basic emergency supply kit, and develop a family emergency and communications plan.
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA):
- Western Massachusetts Medical Reserve Corps: http://www.wmmrc.org
Medical Reserve Corps units are volunteers trained and prepared to respond to emergencies and function as part of their local emergency preparedness teams. Currently there are approximately 40 MRC units in Massachusetts. See http://www.mamedicalreservecorps.org
- Town of Amherst Police Department: 2010 Emergency Preparedness Guide
- University of Massachusetts Emergency Procedures:
- FEMA Recommended Basic Disaster Supplies Kit