Cathy Schoen and Shalini Bahl-Milnes attended this meeting on Skype.
The Town Manager introduced three town staff sharing the Community Participation Officer, per Charter sec. 3.3(d): Angela Mills, Jennifer Moyston, and Brianna Sunryd. The plan is included in the meeting packet; see link below.
Council voted unanimously to refer the replacement of the closed Station Road Bridge to the Finance Committee to return with a recommendation on January 28. Two endangered species live in the area, and this is a national heritage site. The goal is to have a temporary bridge in place April 2019, and permanent bridge September 2020. More information is included in the packet.
Council considered draft charges for several new committees:
- Energy and Resilience Committee, proposed by Councilors DuMont and Ross: referred to the Governance, Organization and Legislation Committee.
- Residents' Advisory Committee (see Charter Section 3.3(c)): referred to ?
- Budget Coordinated Group (see Charter Section 5.2): Charge approved as amended.
More information about each of these proposals is in the meeting packet.
President Griesemer appointment the following councilors to standing committees of the Town Council:
- Finance Committee: Steinberg, Schoen, Griesemer, Pam, Bahl-Milne
- Communications, Outreach, and Appointments: Brewer, Swartz, Ryan, Ross, Dumont
- Governance, Organization, and Legislation Committee: Hanneke, De Angelis, Ross, Ryan, Schreiber
The Town Manager announced some appointments. Council voted to refer the Town Manager’s appointments to the Board of License Commissioners to the Communications, Outreach, and Appointments Committee with a request to for a recommendation to Town Council on January 28, but confirmed Evelyn Rivera-Griffenburg as the Human Resources Director.
Council approved the minutes of meetings December 3, 8 (Four Towns Meeting) and 17.
The next regularly scheduled Town Meeting is January 28. The Council has also scheduled a retreat for February 2.