A new position on Aging in the Amherst Area will be recommended for adoption by concurrence at the annual meeting of the League of Women Voters of Amherst on May 26. The position reads:
League of Women Voters of Amherst supports a wide array of services to meet the needs of the diverse populations of seniors in the Amherst area. To accomplish this, the LWV A supports:
- The ongoing planning and coordination of senior services within and across the municipal departments of Amherst.
- The coordination with private and public agencies providing senior services within the Amherst area and within the region.
- The distribution of information about all services available for seniors.
- A well-funded, modern Senior Center.
- Public funding for senior services.
For background material, please see the summary report of the study committee.
The annual meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Woodbury Room of the Jones Library on May 26. Come early for refreshments and to meet old friends. The business meeting will be preceded by a short talk by Jean Cherdack, president of the League of Women Voters of Massachusetts.