The second in a series of housing forums presented by the Amherst Affordable Housing Advocacy Coalition will be held on Tuesday, April 20, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Panelists will discuss a number of topics:
- History of fair housing in Massachusetts and the US
Exclusion of Black Persons from Amherst Housing
- Evidence from archival research
- Evidence from oral history
- Assuring access to affordable housing
- Increasing housing diversity to increase population diversity
- Beyond affordable housing: normalizing opportunities for access to Amherst housing for persons of color
- Advocating for change at the state level.
Speaking will be
- Whitney Demetrius, CHAPA
- Michele Miller and Matthew Andrews, Reparations for Amherst
- Demetria Shabazz and Isolda Ortega, Racial Equity Task Force of Amherst
- Keith Fairey, Wayfinders
- Jane Loechler, Valley Community Development
- Kathleen Anderson, NCOBRA
- Francine Rodriguez, Family Outreach of Amherst, and
- John Hornik, Amherst Municipal Affordable Housing Trust.
The program is cosponsored by the Amherst Municipal Housing Trust and the League of Women Voters of Amherst.
Go to bit.ly/racialequityandhousing to join on Zoom.